Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Diaper Wars Review 2: Pampers Swaddlers





Positives

Softness
Pampers Swaddlers are very soft. The outside is a soft quilted looking material. The inside has a soft underneath layer and a soft holey over layer. All in all definitely something I wouldn't mind on my skin, so therefore something I don't mind putting on My Little Guy.

Absorbancy
Pampers Swaddlers are very absorbent. I have never had any problems with these diapers leaking pee. Even when My Little Guy sleeps 10- 12 hours and fills up his diaper with pee it is all caught in these super absorbent diapers.

Wetness Indicator
This wetness indicator is perfectly decent. It works the same as Huggies Little Snugglers. It starts as a yellow line down the front and back of the diaper, which turns blue when wet. This line extends further up on the front than the back. I have not noticed this recently because My Little Guy is pretty good at filling his diapers these days, but in those first couple weeks when he was having troubles with this I thought that Pampers Swaddlers wetness indicator was not quite as sensitive as Huggies Little Snugglers indicator.



Deals
I have heard that Pampers coupons are harder to find and put out less than Huggies. I do not know about this since I just started looking for these coupons recently. Right now there are coupons for $1.50 off Pampers available on most major coupon sites, including on amazon coupons.com

Rewards Program
Pampers has a great rewards program. You can get points by entering codes from diapers, wipes, and other Pampers products. They also release codes frequently for bonus points. And you can get 310 points for free just for entering these codes. The points can be redeemed for pampers diapers and wipes as well as Shutterfly books and prints, magazines, and items and toys for your child.

Neutral

Blowout Rate
I started using these diapers about the middle of My Little Guy's blowout phase. He had been having a blowout every day and when I switched to Pampers he had a blowout every couple of days. I am not completely certain if this is because the phase was slowing down, or if these diapers are actually better at holding it in.

Fit
I am going to call fit a neutral on this one. These diapers are not very stretchy. The diapers themselves are a little bit bigger than the other diapers so they still fit growing babies, but it lacks the stretchy waist band that is sported by some other diaper brands. The tabs that hold the adhesive strip are a little stretchy but that is all the stretchiness around the waist. The legs are still stretchy, and fit very well. There is plenty of room at the bottom to fill.




Negatives

Price
Prices are for size 1 diapers for equal comparison.
Walmart - Box of 234 diapers for $47.19 = $0.20/diaper
Amazon - Box of 234 diapers for $44.83 (with subscribe and save, free shipping) = $0.19/diaper
Target - Box of 234 diapers for $44.99 = $0.19/diaper

*Prices reflect the price at the time I checked, they will vary. I am not  responsible for difference between these prices and current prices.

Conclusion
Once again a very good diaper. The only true downfall is the price, I will be reviewing the off brands soon and we will see if the price is worth it or not.



Other Posts to Check Out:
Diaper Wars
Diaper Wars: Huggies Little Snugglers Review
Diaper Wars: Parent's Choice Review
Diaper Wars: Luvs Review
Diaper Wars: Pampers Baby Dry Review
Diaper Wars: Up and Up Review

4 comments:

  1. I find that the pampers swaddlers stick to my guys bottom. The netting in the diaper gets wet and I have to peel it off of him, causing his skin to chap. I much rather prefer the other pampers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny how different diapers work differently for different kids. I think that the swaddlers may have stuck to My Little Guy's bottom when poop dried on them but otherwise I haven't had any issues with these. I just finished using a pack of the other pampers and will be writing my review about them soon.

      Delete
  2. I love the swaddlers! They work great for my 4 month old daughter. The absorbency is great, but the softness of the outside is what puts it over the top for me. I buy them from Amazon (i get the size 2 swaddlers for approx. $38/204 by always purchasing them used) In this case 'used' means that there's been some damage to the exterior packaging, but the contents (diapers) are in perfect condition. At first I was sceptical, but I've ordered them numerous times and have always been 100% satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like swaddlers too. And yeah you can get different deals on Amazon because prices on there are always changing. You just have to make sure that you factor in shipping, but sometimes you can get really great deals!

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...