Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blast from the Past 5 - Life is Pain

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From October 2006


Life is Pain

"Life is pain, anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something." This is a great quote from Princess Bride. It is true, but it is not the whole truth. Life is pain, but it is also joy, love, happiness,and beautiful moments. There is a lot of bad stuff in the world, but there is also good. If someone only tells you the bad they are trying to depress you. There is good in everything. It just hasn't shown up yet, or you haven't looked for it, but it is there. God put it there. The way that you look at life affects your whole life. If you go around only looking for the bad then you will only find the bad. If you go around only looking at the good you will be annoying. But if you recognize the bad, and search for the good you will be balanced. Finding the good in everything does not mean that you have to say that everything is good, or that nothing is bad. It just means that there is some of both in every situation.

Oh and one more wise little somewhat unrelated statement. I have found that the best way to forget something is to pretend that you forgot it until you actually do.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's healthy to journal write and to reflect upon those writings years later as you are doing. I stopped by to say thanks for joining in on the booing fun!

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enjoyed rereading what I wrote back then :) And I am glad to join the fun! I felt honored to be the first one to link up :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...