Sunday, May 26, 2013

Blast from the Past 37 - College Update

This series consists of notes that I wrote on facebook in the past. Enjoy reading my thoughts during my college years. Please comment but please be nice! Also please feel free to check out my other Blast from the Past Posts.


From August 2007

hey everyone!
this is just a quick update on my college situation for anybody who takes the time to read this :)
Well I had asked God to show me very clearly if he didn't want me to go to Sullivan, and he answered my prayers :). I visited last Friday and found out after 4 hours of driving and 2 hours of talking and touring that I wasn't going to be offered any scholarships from the college and would only be receiving my federal grants towards my tuition. So long story short I would have ended up owing $15,000 in loans just for one year. Well I had decided that I would not take out any more loans for college, so I knew that I was not supposed to attend there.
Well after spending the night in Louisville, in a hotel room provided by the college (they were good enough to let us use it anyways :) we saw a few sights and then drove the 4 hours back home. While discussing options with my parents I decided that I would still probably be more marketable as a nanny if I had an associates degree in Early Childhood Education, and when I was researching colleges at the beginning of the summer I found that I was most impressed with the program offered by [a local college in my home town].
So today I visited [the local college] mainly to make sure that it was still possible to apply, and to find out about financial aid, and if applying was free I was going to apply. Well I got there and talked briefly with the admissions people, and applied because it was free, then I printed off an unofficial transcript and they told me that I where I met with an advisor to schedule my classes, we got my schedule all figured out, and she sent me to the next office where, after waiting a while for my application to be put in the system (all of that had taken a little over an hour) I registered for classes. Then at the next place I got my styudent ID and parking pass, and finally I visited Financial aid, and told them that I couldn't submit my fafsa to them just yet, but found out that most of my scholarships should be good at Ivy Tech, so I should be fine there. So now I am almost completely registered and ready and my classes begin on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say! But please be nice, and please no spam. I do monitor every comment, if you are mean or spamming me it will not get published, so please do not bother writing it. Otherwise comment away! Can not wait to have a conversation with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...